March 11, 2010

On my way to work today.....

I only have a relatively short commute to work.  Let's say 6 miles - 20 minutes.  I do a lot of thinking during this time.  Usually about my life, what I need to accomplish that day, things I need to change...you know, that sort of thing.  Today was different.  I actually was driving and thinking "I really love my car"!  (I know, weird)  I love everything about my car.  Then I started thinking about all the vehicles I've had over the course of my life.  And then it hit me.....THE BIG BROWN VAN!  Thinking of this monstrocity of a vehicle made me laugh out loud...No, really laugh out loud! 

This vehicle was what I had to drive at a time in my life when I couldn't afford anything and it was paid for.  And it was huge!  I lived in an apartment with my then 16 year old daughter.  The van came in handy because the WHOLE back end was used for storage!! HA!  It was crammed full of all kinds of things....and of course it was only a 2 seater...!  The funny part of it was, both my girls told me that they could hear me all over town because the muffler was shot!  It was loud!!  My oldest daughter would be in the house and she'd think, "Yep, there goes Mom...on her way to work".  And I lived on the other side of our little town!  This really tickled my funny bone thinking about this, and I know both of my girls read this blog and I KNOW they will get a kick out of this story/memory!!  I guess I've come a long way since those days!!
Here is a picture of what said van looked like....Only babyshit brown:
This is a picture of what I drive today!  Even the wheels are the same:

I've come a long way baby!!!


Sidenote:  9 pounds lost since last Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA... I am laughing so hard right now thinking about that damn van!! Oh lord the MEMORIES we ALL had in that thing!! I remember you would leave circle drive to come to Jodis house and we could hear ya coming:) Oh the big brown van!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears right now-----oh that big brown van!!! We seriously COULD hear you coming a couple blocks away----we would look out the window and sure enough, there came mom, in the big van!!!!!! Good thing we can just look back and laugh now, and know that things are better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh, the good ol' days!! I forgot about that! Love it!! :) You have come a LONG ways... kinda miss the old BIG BROWN VAN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the pleasure of riding in that thing a few times:) I'll never forget that van!

    ReplyDelete